The Greenbelt Municipal Swim Team, a year-round swim program that is celebrating its 60th year, is seeking applicants for the position of Head Coach. GMST trains at the Greenbelt Aquatic and Fitness Center. The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, is focused on swimmer development and loves children. The candidate will be responsible for instructing swimmers ranging from 5-18 years of age as well as managing the team’s assistant coaches. During the school year, this position requires 2.5 late afternoon/evening hours on weekdays, and 1.75 hours on Sunday mornings. The coach will also work during the summer season (roughly the middle of June through the end of July), which includes evening/morning hours, Saturday meets, and other scheduled events as needed (4.5-18 hours per week). Please contact Marc Swisdak at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Please visit the following link to fill out the Job Application form.
- Previous coaching experience preferred but will train the right candidate
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements to be a USA Swimming Coach Member
- Fulfill other training requirements as required by the team
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive role model, team oriented, good communicator
- Able to work under the direction of and in cooperation with the Board of Directors and other parent volunteers
- Availability to work as scheduled. School year practices scheduled between 4:15-6pm Tues/Thurs AND 7-9am Sunday. Summer practices scheduled 4:15-6pm Mon through Thurs and then switch to morning practices: 6:30-9am Mon through Friday. Coaches will also attend regular season swim meets: 7am-1pm Saturdays. Other meets and activities may be scheduled during the summer season.
- US Citizen or Visa Authority to work in the USA